AAR NJA Flea Market | October 14, 2017

Write your AARs for Airsoft Events here.
Tatsu
Site Admin

AAR NJA Flea Market | October 14, 2017

Post by Tatsu » Wed Oct 18, 2017 14:09

The first New Jersey Airsoft Flea Market was a success! It was tough to keep exact count, but we had over 42 players join us throughout the day. Those numbers were well past my expectations given the cloudy/rain forecast from the weatherman.

The flea market was a success with most folks having sold, bought or traded an item. I saw replicas, mags, bbs and masks exchange hands including Agent Shoe below selling one of his guns. Even saw a sniper rifle sold for a few dollars just to be intentionally smashed into the ground and explode into a million pieces. Hilarity ensued.

It was fantastic seeing old and new faces. I had hoped the flea market would be a great social event connecting players and building relationships off the field and it did just that. Players were sharing battle stories, jokes, advice and contact info to keep the conversations going. I saw players get recruited onto Airsoft teams to fight together during the next event. And most importantly; I witnessed at least five groups of brand new players that have never played before stopping by just to see what it was all about. And after talking to everyone they left smiling; excited for their next event to fight with/against the new friends they made along with a few new items and guns to get them started.

Lastly, the firing range got a lot of love especially at the end of the day. We didn't have the hands to constantly run the shot timers throughout the event, but we ran them at the end and they were a hit. The boys at Cutthroat Contracting couldn't get enough. I believe the fastest time to hit five targets was sub 5 seconds, but they'll have to keep me honest here. We'll be sure to have it out next time and organize it better so everyone can try it.

My only regret has not taking more pictures! Next time.

Thank you to everyone that came out to the event! I had a blast hosting the event and talking to all of you. Special thank you to my volunteers that helped me get everything set up, directing traffic and cleaning everything up.

Given the feedback from everyone in attendance we will run the event quarterly. Stay tuned for more details as we figure out the details like where and when.

Tatsu
Site Admin

Re: AAR NJA Flea Market | October 14, 2017

Post by Tatsu » Wed Oct 18, 2017 14:15

Check out RandomGuyKev's YouTube video from the flea market!