Bravo PJ Helmet

Peer reviews of Airsoft guns and gear
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
ScarecrowDK01

Bravo PJ Helmet

Post by ScarecrowDK01 » Thu Jul 18, 2013 14:39

Hey airsofters! Scarecrow here with another kit review, this time being my most recent purchase; the Bravo PJ Helmet. I have been running ballcap for a while, and finally decided that a helmet would be required for future skirmishing. so I hit the ‘net and bought this bad boy off Airsoft Megastore (Was going to buy from GI alongside MS2000 and NOD arm but went out of stock). I also bought helmet goodies mentioned above and lots of cool toys off evike.com (unboxing will be posted next week). Now, onto the review.

Unboxing

I opened up the wonderful brown box delivered to me from my postman and immediately pulled out a sleek brown box with a clear plastic viewing port on the side. Out came the knife and I sliced open the tape to get at it. I pulled it out and looked at it with an evil grin, realizing the great purchase I had just made. I plopped the bucket on my head and adjusted the straps to a tight fit. I also cut open my free balaclava and threw it off to the side. I took off my helmet and looked it over. It needed morale!

I shot into my room and came back with armfuls of patches, placing them over the helmet. Reverse American flag on the right, callsign patch on the left, and a very humorous EOD patch on the back. Perfect! I placed it off to the side and pulled two pieces out of a plastic baggie sealed in the box. An RIS section and some weird thing for the rails. I placed them on and started running around my neighborhood wearing a helmet, balaclava, and ballistic glasses! Let’s just say I got some dirty looks from local neighborhood kids.

Externals

The helmet is clearly a clone of the Ops Core FAST (Future Assault Shell Technology) Carbon helmet, and at best a very good one. On the rear head support pad there was actually a fairly close representation to the Ops Core logo! I was also surprised how, on the buckles and various plastic parts located on the straps, they stated “Head-Loc”. I thought, “Wow, what a great accessory!”. And they were. It looks almost identical to the real deal.

The velcro located on the top of the helmet is great, and shows no signs of coming off.

The chin strap also had a touching feature. It was made of leather! This helmet was really coming out to be one of the best replicas on the market.

Padding for the inside of this helmet is great. It’s a hard foam and has velcro, allowing to be moved about on the inside, creating for pressure release points and room for Comms sets. It is so comfortable I have actually been wearing my helmet around the house!

Wrap-Up

Now, would I recommend this helmet? Absolutely. In fact, I already have twice! This is absolutely a must have for every gearwhore on a budget out there. I highly recommend it and give it 5 stars.

The Good Stuff:

Solid Construction
Comfortable
Lots of Velcro!
Logos located throughout
Lots if room for accesories
Extra rail pieces

Now you’re probably wondering; where’s The Not-So-Good Stuff? Well, there’s nothing bad about it! Go buy one today!

(NOTE: IF THERE IS ANY ACCUSATION OF PLAGIARISM, KEEP IN MIND THAT I AM ALSO THE AUTHOR OF THIS REVIEW ON MY SITE.)
:37

Resident GW. M81 WIP kit. @northnjairsofter on Instagram

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable