Map of NJ Airsoft fields & retail stores

Have a suggestion for NJA? Please share it here!
CliffnoteUSAF
War Wolves

Re: NJA map, need your help!

Post by CliffnoteUSAF » Sat Nov 24, 2012 02:18

I've had a few shitty build days on this map. Building your own map within GoogleMaps is nothing like the navigation function; when I've plotted routes for trips, a simple click of the Back button will undo your last edit.
BUT...Do that while working on this kind of project, and it'll scrap everything you've done and will bring you back to when you opened the map that session. And occasionally a location will remain on the list (along with details), but not show on the map anywhere.
This program is, um, user-hostile. It says "go ahead, make yourself a map! :24 ... now fuck your map :-| BWAHAHAHA" Maybe it's just a touchy compatibility thing with Firefox. Their way of nudging me to use Google Chrome instead.

I'll let it test my patience a little while longer. I'll also check out Google Earth to see if their custom maps are any easier; although that's probably only accessible to fellow users of that program.
War Wolves // Lead Admin at R-14 Airsoft, Joint Base MDL
Predeployment/Contingency Skills Instructor - federal contractor
Command&Control Ops - AF Reserves; 11yrs active duty Security Forces
OIF - Tallil AB, Iraq '08 // Op ISLAND PHOENIX - Isa AB, Bahrain '10

Jason_Cain
It's a trap!
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Jason_Cain » Sat Nov 24, 2012 23:50

Google overlord knows best. Succumb and become a chrome userrrr. haha jk. but yeah, that's odd. good luck with it!

I imagine google earth would be easier just cause it is offline and you might be able to make better saves of it. Just not sure how well it can be accessed online.

CliffnoteUSAF
War Wolves

Post by CliffnoteUSAF » Thu Nov 29, 2012 22:05

HERE'S THE CURRENT VERSION

Finished adding more stores & fields, plus address and website info added to the popups.

Got any more locations I'm missing? Check the info format in the first post, and reply on here with the info! But please check the map first, be sure I haven't shown it already.

Thanks to everyone who's helped out so far!!

Jason_Cain
It's a trap!
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Jason_Cain » Thu Nov 29, 2012 23:48

Thanks! Didn't even know about Independence Airsoft. Guess I'll check it out.

CliffnoteUSAF
War Wolves

Re: Map of NJ Airsoft fields & retail stores

Post by CliffnoteUSAF » Sun Jan 06, 2013 05:17

So I'll say my little map project is "complete" now. I've added everything I could track down for airsoft in this state, including the latest additions to the retailer section.

But if anything else is out there that I missed, please post on here and I'll add it! Just review the criteria I'm looking for (see orig post). Also, I'm considering expanding to NY and PA businesses that are affiliated with us and/or frequently visited by the NJA community. On the other hand, the map is still a visual reference on what airsoft business is within our state. Any suggestions, fire away.

On a side note, early yesterday morning I glanced at the map out of boredom and realized "hmmm, seems like a string of 4 airsoft stores located right up the G.S. Pkwy, one after another. Let's see how many I can get to!" And last night I tried exactly that.
- First to World of Airsoft & R/C, just in time to see them closing.
- Then to Springfield Hobbies & Airsoft, where I chatted with the owner, Anthony, and grabbed a plate carrier.
- Would've gone to Totowa Airsoft, but my GPS is so overdue for an update that it didn't recognize the street they're on :-o
- So I then went up to Full Auto Airsoft in Emerson, where I grabbed a few items from their impressive selection and BSed for a while with owner John and his crew & other customers.

Personally, let me plug for Springfield H&A and Full Auto, both are cool stores run by friendly staff, and :37 for offering a military discount!

Switch556

Post by Switch556 » Sun Jan 06, 2013 19:41

Why aren't all these retailers also listed in the "retailers" section of the forums?
Switch
Philippians 4:13

CliffnoteUSAF
War Wolves

Post by CliffnoteUSAF » Sun Jan 06, 2013 19:49

They pay to be included in the Retail Stores section and advertise here on NJA. Not just any store can pay and get added, they are reviewed by Admin/Mods before being accepted. However, this doesn't mean that NJA only supports the stores shown here on the forums.

Switch556

Post by Switch556 » Sun Jan 06, 2013 23:26

CliffnoteUSAF wrote:They pay to be included in the Retail Stores section and advertise here on NJA. Not just any store can pay and get added, they are reviewed by Admin/Mods before being accepted. However, this doesn't mean that NJA only supports the stores shown here on the forums.
Ah thanks for the clarification, was not aware that the "retailers" section was a pay to play area :P
Switch
Philippians 4:13

Tatsu
Site Admin

Post by Tatsu » Mon Jan 07, 2013 00:35

CliffnoteUSAF wrote:They pay to be included in the Retail Stores section and advertise here on NJA. Not just any store can pay and get added, they are reviewed by Admin/Mods before being accepted. However, this doesn't mean that NJA only supports the stores shown here on the forums.
That's correct, except the retailers do not pay to have a forum dedicated to their business.

dromanell

Post by dromanell » Tue Jan 08, 2013 09:46

Thanks so much for this.

I'm still relatively new to airsoft, and having a resource like this is invaluable, if for anything to identify WHERE I can play once I've spent a good deal of time/money on developing a proper loadout.

Totowa Airsoft is a stone's throw from my house, so acquiring gear was never an issue. Knowing where to play was always the question.

Thanks again!