Corporate Law - Google

Forum dedicated to the legal aspects of Airsoft in New Jersey
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Tatsu
Site Admin

Corporate Law - Google

Post by Tatsu » Thu Oct 23, 2014 23:38

Google Ads - Adwords
The popular search engine prohibits the advertisement of Airsoft products.

Adwords Policy
Our policy
We want to help keep people safe both online and offline, so we don't allow the promotion of some products or services that cause damage, harm, or injury.

Here are some examples of products and services that we consider to be dangerous:

Guns & parts

Functional devices that appear to discharge a projectile at high velocity, whether for sport, self-defense, or combat
(Note that we err on the side of caution and apply this policy to sporting or recreational guns that can cause serious harm if misused, or that appear to be real guns.)
Examples: Handguns, rifles, shotguns, hunting guns, functioning antique guns, airsoft guns, paintball guns, bb guns

Any part or component that's necessary to the function of a gun or intended for attachment to a gun
Examples: Gun scopes, ammunition, ammunition clips or belts

CliffnoteUSAF
War Wolves

Re: Corporate Law - Google

Post by CliffnoteUSAF » Fri Oct 24, 2014 12:48

I've seen this mentioned before, but this doesn't affect the user who Googles to find airsoft stuff. This only affects the ads that pop up before your Google search results.

As a matter of principle, that's just a spineless policy on Google's part. But for hurting airsoft, I think "meh", since I ignore all ads. I don't care about sponsored stuff, I want my search results. I'm sure airsoft stores & fields have a different perspective on how this limits their advertising, but for the average player this isn't as bad news as it might appear.
War Wolves // Lead Admin at R-14 Airsoft, Joint Base MDL
Predeployment/Contingency Skills Instructor - federal contractor
Command&Control Ops - AF Reserves; 11yrs active duty Security Forces
OIF - Tallil AB, Iraq '08 // Op ISLAND PHOENIX - Isa AB, Bahrain '10

Tatsu
Site Admin

Re: Corporate Law - Google

Post by Tatsu » Sun Oct 26, 2014 23:33

That's correct and worth noting. This does not directly impact the Google user's ability search for Airsoft; only what results will appear as Airsoft companies won't be able to Feature their products or services.

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable